Stock Trading

Self as a social and economic phenomenon of Munich, 11.12.2013 the private storage provider MyPlace SelfStorage expects by the end of December 2013 for the current fiscal year 05 / 2013 04/2014 with a further increase in sales of 14% on a turnover of 33.4 million euros (05/2012-04/2013 there were 28.2 million euros). Currently 23,000 customers and 32% market share measured in active sites remains MyPlace SelfStorage remain undisputed market leader in the German-speaking world. “The ever-increasing need for outsourced storage” Managing Director of Martin Gerhardus recovers not least to the fact that Selfstorage also in German-speaking Europe has established itself not only as an economic, but also increasingly as a social phenomenon: storage space is no longer to be thinking away need in our modern society “, to Gerhardus. In order to meet the continued demand for individual storage facilities, has MyPlace self”in Vienna last year two more branches (1 in Rudolfsheim and 1 in Floridsdorf) opened and total opts for selective and controlled growth in its core markets in Germany, Austria and of Switzerland in large cities, Munich, Berlin, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Wiesbaden, Stuttgart, Nuremberg, Vienna and Zurich. Every year one or two sites happen”explains Gerhardus, as the market is growing, although slowly, but steadily”. A total rented MyPlace self”to the 34,000 storage compartments on a total area of about 286.500 square meters.

80% Of the 23,000 customers are private tenants, the remaining 20% are commercial customers (such as companies that outsource their archive). In Germany, 23 MyPlace stores rent storage space outside the home, in Austria 12 and two more in the Switzerland. The average size of the location of the MyPlace is located at approximately 7.800 m m, the average investment per site at 6-7 million euros. Selfstorage industry in Europe compared to the United States, is the European self storage market with its almost 1,800 self storage locations in the year 2012 and estimated 6-7 million m m of lettable area still at the beginning. Currently, there is in Europe a Selfstorage site pro about 290,000 EU residents or 0.01 m lettable self storage space per EU inhabitant. This means that the management density in Europe is only about 1.5% of the US market.

Shurgard is clear market leader in Europe with almost 200 locations in UK, F, B, NL, D, DK, and SWE. United Kingdom of the pioneer with about 820 locations and over 2.75 million m of rentable storage area is within Europe. This corresponds to approx. 75,000 British or 0,05 m lettable self-storage space per citizen a SelfStorage site pro. Safe store with nearly 100 locations in the year of 2012 the clear leader in the UK, followed by big yellow self storage with 66 locations, with 52 sites, access self storage King (25 sites) as well as lock n store and Shurgard with respectively 22 locations. (Source: the self storage association UK annual survey 2012) (Drivers Jonas Deloitte SSA) The German-speaking area m lettable self with its approximately 100 million inhabitants currently has more than 200 SelfStorage locations and almost 0.5 million m. In Germany, Austria and the Switzerland, approximately 0.9 million inhabitants on a self storage location, or 0.004 m come external storage area on every citizen.

This entry was posted in News and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.